Friday 17 April 2009

Lighter on my feet

I hoped that one of the blessings of an active sabbatical would be improvement in my health and fitness. Ten months of training have amounted to not much more than a long walk every week or two and a few more twenty-minute dashes in my busy weekly work schedule. But there have been results already. Nothing much happened to begin with but in the last six months I've shed about thirteen pounds and dropped a waist size.

With a few days to go, I'm at 12st 2lbs and wondering what the next fifty days will deliver, if I can resist the cream and cheeses of Normandy and the real ales of England.

Update: At the end of my walk I weighed myself on the same set of bathroom scales and found I am 11st 13lbs. A three pound loss seems insignificant but I'm noticeably thinner around the face and I've lost some fat from my upper body. My legs are definitely stronger and more muscular.

I've a feeling that I lost quite a bit of weight in France but that the combination of cooked breakfasts and real ale in England has had an impact.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your comments, so go ahead and tell me what you think...