Friday 2 January 2009

Platypus

Paula's advice was that I should invest in a Platypus 'hydration system'. She finds that the convenience of having a sip of water 'on tap', so to speak, means she never misses a drink. When you're enjoying yourself and not wanting to stop, it's easy to get a little dehydrated. Perhaps even worse, irregular drinks tend to be large volume drinks, which can lead to indigestion.

I followed the advice and invested in a 2 litre Platypus (£18 from Blacks). I don't suppose I'll fill it, unless I'm planning a day which is unlikely to include a refilling stop.

It feels a bit peculiar to bite on the mouthpiece to release a flow of refreshing water but I guess I'll get used to it. One walker who uses a similar device reckons that storing it in the freezer (with a little water in) prevents mildew and mould forming. I tried this but fould that squashing it into one of the freezer's door compartments caused it to fold into a shape that wouldn't fit into my rucksack. I live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your comments, so go ahead and tell me what you think...